Annual Members Meeting 2021
The 2021 Dublin Cycling Campaign Annual Members’ Meeting (AMM) will take place on Thursday, 14th October 2021 at 7:30pm online via Zoom.
The AMM is open to fully paid-up members of the Dublin Cycling Campaign as of 4th October 2021.
Members can vote at the AMM, and can submit motions and run for committee positions. Please register your attendance using the link below with the email address you use for your membership.
Deadline for registration will be 6pm on the 10th October 2021. A meeting pack with nominees and motions will be sent on 10th October 2021.
The purpose of this year’s AMM is to:
- Review the year 2020/2021
- Elect a new Dublin Cycling Campaign executive committee - 14 positions
- Vote on motions submitted by the current committee and members
(NOTE: The AGM of the Dublin Cycling Campaign CLG will take place later this year on 7th December 2021)
Electing the Dublin Cycling Campaign Executive Committee
The committee is made up of 4 officer roles (Chair, Vice-chair, Treasurer, Secretary) and 10 other committee members, plus the National Cycling Coordinator. The current NCC is Dr. Damien O’Tuama.
Nominations for committee members will be open until Monday 4th October 2020. Any paid-up member can run for the committee. People can self-nominate but must be nominated and seconded at the AMM by other members.
Nominees for Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer must be or have been a member of the committee. If not, they must be nominated by 2 members of the existing committee.
Those running should email a short bio and their motivation for running to the Secretary of the committee by 4th October 2021 (email@example.com).
The committee should reflect the society it represents and it is important that we have a suitably diverse make-up. We are encouraging a good gender and diversity balance, a range of skills and competences and geographical coverage across Dublin City and County.
Quotas: There will be a gender quota whereby at least 50% of executive committee members will be women There will be a geographical quota to ensure we have representation from all four Local Authority areas in Dublin i.e.
- Dublin City
- South Dublin
- Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
Committee members typically attend one committee meeting a month plus additional meetings or events (and engage in some online discussions / decision-making). It is a great opportunity to actively participate and shape the Campaign’s goals and objectives. Voting will be by proportional representation during the AMM only.
Submitting and voting on Motions
There will be two sets of motions to vote on; Executive motions and member motions
Executive Motions are submitted by the existing committee and must be submitted by Monday 4th October 2021.
Member motions can be submitted by paid up members and must be submitted to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4th October 2021
- Motions should cover either (i) policy / campaigning matters or (ii) organisational points
- All motions to be written so they are a clear direction for the committee to take
- All must be proposed and seconded
- Anonymous motions will not be accepted
- There will be no amendments to motions during the AMM
- Only fully paid-up members as of Monday 4th October 2021 can attend and vote at the AMM
- Committee nominations and short bio - 4th October 2021
- Motions for the executive committee - 4th October
- Final date of registration - 10th October 2021
- Agenda including motions and nominations - 10th October 2021
- Annual Members Meeting - 14th October 2021
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!