Dublin Cycling Campaign Annual Members Meeting 2021
The 2021 Dublin Cycling Campaign Annual Members’ Meeting (AMM) was held on Thursday, 14th October 2021 at 7:30pm online via Zoom.
The AMM was open to fully paid-up members of the Dublin Cycling Campaign as of 4th October 2021.
The purpose of this year’s AMM was to:
- Review the year 2020/2021
- Elect a new Dublin Cycling Campaign executive committee - 14 positions
- Vote on motions submitted by the current committee and members
(NOTE: The AGM of the Dublin Cycling Campaign CLG will take place later this year on 7th December 2021)
A video of the AMM can be found here:
Electing the Dublin Cycling Campaign Executive Committee
No election was required as there were 11 nominees for 14 positions and all gender and geographical quotas were met. All nominees were nominated and seconded on the night. The committee for 2021 / 2022 will be:
- Kevin Baker (Chair)
- Ellen Cullen (Vice-Chair)
- Paschal Comerford (Treasuer)
- Vinnie Meyler (Secretary)
- Mairead Forsythe
- Siobhán McNamara
- Úna Morrison
- Joan O’Connell
- Colm Walsh
- Emma Cahill
- Joe Gilligan
- Damien O’Tuama (NCC)
There were threee motions submitted by Monday 4th October 2021:
1) The committee to seek legal ways and means in which taxis can be prevented from using bus lanes at all times. This motion also seeks to have cycling logos displayed(painted) on every bus lane regardless of there being a cycle lane nearby or not. It is important for everyone to be aware that cyclists can enter and use bus lanes regardless of cycle lanes nearby or not.
This motion was not carried
2) That Dublin Cycling Campaign prepares an Outline Work Plan for each coming year so as to help with planning ahead. This motion was carried
3) That the Dublin Cycling Campaign calls on Dublin city council to have a car free day at least one Sunday of the month from March to October within the city centre extending to the Grand and Royal canals
This motion was carried
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!