Health Benefits of Cycling
- Regular cyclists are as fit as an average person 10 years younger
- Regular cyclists live two years longer than non-cyclists
- Regular cyclists breathe in less pollution from traffic than car drivers.
- Twenty minutes of gentle cycling burns up to 100 calories.
- Cycling also raises your metabolic rate, helping you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Riding a bike firms the thighs and bottom, while working the lower abdominals.
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!