Volunteer Coordinator for Dublin based Bike Week 2016 Events
National Bike Week is the major promotional push for cycling each year. It is coordinated by the Smarter Travel Unit of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport (DTTAS), and Dublin Cycling Campaign has been central to the organisation and coordination of all Dublin Bike Week events for many years. This year Bike Week takes place from Saturday 11th June and Sunday 19th June inclusive.
Within the week long programme, there is our own Bike Week Festival supported by the Office of Public Works (OPW).
This year we are looking for a volunteer organiser/coordinator to support the planning of the events. This role involves:
- liaison with regular organiser Colm Ryder in Dublin Cycling Campaign
- meeting attendances and funding applications with OPW personnel and other potential funders
- budget agreement
- development and agreement of events for Bike Week 2016
- coordination of volunteer support group for Bike Week events
- liaison with OPW personnel on event management and safety issues
- management of production of poster/leaflet for events
- management and coordination of all agreed events
- production of final report and submission for any outstanding funding
Colm Ryder, who has been coordinator/manager of these events for the past number of years, will be available to support the successful volunteer and to attend meetings where required, but will not be available during Bike Week itself.
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin, please consider getting involved.