National Bike Week Planning Workshop - Join With Us!
Each year we in Dublin Cycling Campaign run a great bicycle festival as part of National Bike Week with events around the City and in the Phoenix Park, Europe’s largest city park.
Our May public meeting on Monday 14th May, will be an inclusive workshop to plan a series of events for this year’s National Bike Week (9-17 June). We want to encourage YOU to help out, and to celebrate the joys of cycling for people of all ages! It will be a fun productive evening of ideas an exploration!
Whatever your skills or background come along to the workshop to:
* get a flavour of what might happen,
* help us plan the events.
* bring your own energy, enthusiasm and your creative ideas
* help us make this year’s festival the best ever!
Here is a flavour of the events we plan.
* Dublin City Food Cycle, with Community Growers’ Co-op
* Liffey Family Cycle - to highlight/protest need for safe city cycling
* Phoenix Park Heritage Bike Tours
* Cycling Photo Exhibition
* Dublin Film Launch - ‘Why We Cycle’ - Dutch style cycling and the difference it makes!
So! What else will happen this year? Come along and be part of Dublin’s Cycling Energy!
Tea and coffee will be served from 6.30pm, followed by an update on recent activities of Dublin Cycling Campaign. The planning workshop will run from 7 to 8.30pm. Afterwards there will be time to mingle in the Library Bar of the Central Hotel.
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!