Attend our Annual Members' Meeting - online or in person
On Thursday 27 October 2022, Dublin Cycling Campaign (DCC) will host its Annual Members’ Meeting.
At this meeting we review our last year’s work and plan for next year - which, crucially, will involve transitioning to a new and improved governance structure for the whole organisation.
We would love to see you there - and especially in person at The Clayton Hotel, Charelemont, Dublin 2, even though we will have an online attendance option! Please register here and let us know how you’ll be joining us.
Open from 7:15pm for in person mingling at the venue (and online chats and tech checks etc.)
Nominate minute taker
Review of year - Chair
Review of Finances - Paschal Comerford (Treasurer)
Governance - an update from the board of Dublin Cycling Campaign CLG
Roundtable inputs - highlights (and lowlights) of 2022 / ambition for the coming year
Election of Executive Committee members
Motions (including a review of motions agreed last year)
At the Annual Members’ Meeting, we will also elect a new / refreshed Executive Committee to lead us over the coming period. Could this be you!?
Our DCC Executive Committee (EC) is, essentially, the group which drives the organisation forward on behalf of our approx 1,000 members. The EC leads the way on behalf of Dublin’s cycling population - and indeed for those who would love to cycle but do not feel comfortable or safe doing so under current conditions. The EC includes the roles of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. In short, the EC coordinates the campaigning activities of DCC.
We are seeking candidates for our Executive Committee (EC) who:
- Are committed to Dublin Cycling Campaign’s mission (as set out in our DCC Strategy, which itself will be revisited in 2023 as part of the broader restructuring work)
- Can dedicate time and energy to the work of the EC, and can attend / contribute to our regular (monthly / six-weekly) EC meetings. [We suggest approx 1-2 hours per week.]
- Will form an EC with a diverse make-up in terms of age, gender, background, and experience of working on boards / committees.
- Will form an EC with diverse skillsets and competencies. We are particularly keen to hear from people with experience of the fields of finance / fundraising, business development, administration, governance, ‘change management’, the legal domain, and communications. However, by far the most important thing is being able to work well within a team of volunteers committed to making Dublin a more bicycle friendly city.
- Can lead on or get involved in one of our Working Groups (see Working Groups). [Normally we expect each EC member to be active in one of these WGs.]
- Can help with managing the process by which DCC will transition into its new structure. Note that we expect this will happen in early 2023, after which the new EC will itself either finish up or else morph into a new form (all to be decided still).
You can read more about the DCC Executive Committee roles here.
To put yourself forward as an EC candidate:
- You must be a paid-up member of Dublin Cycling Campaign as of 14th October 2022
- You must send a short email to email@example.com, firstly, indicating why you would like to be on the DCC EC and, secondly, outlining the strengths you feel you would bring to the committee (ideally including a short bio). Please keep this email nice and brief (say, 400 words maximum).
- The above email must be sent to us by no later than 14th October 2022.
All in all, being part of our dynamic EC is a sociable and satisfying experience, particularly when cycling is increasingly recognised as being a part of the answer to so many of our social, economic and environmental challenges. We recommend you get in touch with us if you have any questions on the role and workings of the EC. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting and voting on Motions
There will be two sets of motions to vote on at the AMM: Executive Motions and Member Motions.
Executive Motions are submitted by the existing Executive Committee (EC) and must be submitted by 14th October 2022.
Member Motions can be submitted by paid-up members and must be submitted to the Secretary (email@example.com) by 14th October 2022
The EC will prioritise the motions in advance of the AMM. If we do not cover all within the allocated time on the day, the EC will address them at a later date.
Motions will be proposed and seconded by members. Any amendments will be voted on and the text agreed before voting on the final motion. As we only have a short time for the AMM, we want to minimise the number of amendments as much as possible.
Roles and responsibilities for running the AMM will be decided closer to the time; however, a minute-taker will be assigned at the start of the meeting to capture proposers, seconders, wording of motions, amendments, etc.
Only fully paid-up members as of 14th October 2022 can attend and vote at the AMM
Email putting yourself forward as an EC candidate and/or sending motions to be sent by 14th October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Final date of registration to attend - Mon 24th October 2022
Annual Members Meeting - Thursday 27th October 2022
Finally, please note the following:
- This email follows on from the “Save the Date” web posting and newsletter article circulated earlier in September - see here.
- The Annual Members’ Meeting (AMM) is a separate meeting to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Dublin Cycling Campaign CLG. This latter meeting (of the company) is due to take place in late 2022 or early 2023 - date to be decided still.
- The AMM will be a hybrid in-person / online meeting. Please register here and let us know how you’ll be joining us. A confirmation email containing location and joining details will be sent closer to the time.
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!