Submissions on the Tallaght to Templeogue Cycle Track & the N81 (Fortunestown to N82) Cycle Track
The campaign made the submissions on the Tallaght to Templeogue Cycle Track & the N81 (Fortunestown to N82) Cycle Track.
The main points of our submission are:
• these improvements are very welcome
• we approve of the new 30kph speed limit in Tallaght Village
• we want signage to make cyclists and potential cyclists aware of cycle routes
• we want additional bicycle logos, sharrows, etc. at critical points to indicate to motorists that they must share the road with cyclists
• despite the improvements, roundabouts remain challenging and dangerous for cyclists; sadly a cyclist was killed at Brownsbarn Junction near Citywest last week
• the only additional cycle parking proposed is near Templeogue Bridge; we think it would be more useful to have it in Tallaght and Templeogue Villages
• we’ve suggested a shared space junction on DMURS principles in Tallaght Village
• we are disappointed that Templeogue Village, the Belgard Road Junction and Tallaght Village to the N81/Old Bawn Road Junction are not included in the scheme
Details of the two schemes can be seen at: http://www.sdcc.ie/services/roads-traffic/cycle-tracks
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!