You may be aware that the international Velo-city conference, the largest bicycle related conference in the world, was held in Dublin this June. The conference, which took place over 4 full days with nearly 1,400 delegates, ranged across many topics, from bicycle safety, cycling infrastructure, bicycle innovations, the social and cultural changes driven by cycling on a global scale, technology, health, behavioural change, urban and infrastructure policies, to mobility and transport generally. It was a very successful conference both in local and global terms.
On Monday 9th September you are welcome to join us at Dublin’s Central Hotel for a special presentation, where the legacy of Velo City 2019 will be aired and presentations will be given by City officials, Experts and Advocates, of their experiences and highlights from Velo-city Dublin 2019. Presenters include:
- Antonia Martin, Sustainable Mobility and Projects Section, Dublin City Council and Dublin City Council Velo-city team
- Brendan O’Brien, Head of Technical Services for Transportation, Dublin City Council and Dublin City Council Program Director for Velo-city Dublin 2019
- Clara Clarke, S2S (Sutton 2 Sandycove) and Cycling Without Age
- Hugh Cooney, Founder and CEO, BleeperBike
- Donna Cooney, Freedom Machine, Dublin Bicycle Mayor and Green Party Councillor
- Finola O’Driscoll, Project Manager/Transport Planner at National Transport Authority
- Nuala Kelly, Dublin Cycling Campaign
- Joan Swift, Sligo Cycling Campaign and Cyclist.ie
- Martina Mullin, Health Promotion Officer, Trinity College Dublin
- Mairéad Forsythe, Love 30 and Dublin Cycling Campaign
Tea and coffee will be served from 6.30pm, with the talks to begin at 7pm.
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin by becoming a member!